A THP is the document that outlines a logging operation. It is a legal document that does double duty outlining the plan for operations and the expected environmental impact. All THPs in JDSF are open for a public comment period before approval. The Coalition to Save Jackson Demonstration State Forest hopes to empower community members to familiarize themselves with THPs and make their voices heard by engaging in the public comment process. Get started below:
1. How to find a Timber Harvest Plan (THP)
To find a THP you can go directly to CalTrees, or check out this handy primer made by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Prevention, which will tell you how to search for a THP, and what to sections to expect once you find it.
2. Getting to know a THP- useful links
- List of common THP acronyms and terms
- List of THP sections and what you can expect to find in them
- THP overview from the Environmental Protection and Information Center (EPIC)